We've specifically designed EasyBib to be the best it can be for the greatest number of situations, but sometimes a user would like to manually edit how a citation will look before they export it. If this sounds like you, you're in the right place to learn how! Follow these steps to be able to manually, directly edit the information and formatting of a specific citation.
1. Using your preferred web browser, go to www.EasyBib.com and create or log in to an existing account to begin. After logging in, you will be brought directly to the project page. If you are not, or wish to return to the project page, click "My Projects" in the upper left corner of the menu.
2. Click "Bibliography" underneath the project that contains the citation you'd like to edit.
3. Once you're on the correct project page, click the "Edit" button for that citation, usually found in the lower right hand corner of the citation's information box.
3. On the citation's page, click the "Advanced Edit" button near the top of the page to begin a manual, advanced edit to the citation.
4. This brings you to the actual manual citation page. Edit the citation in the text box to appear how you wish it to during export or future copying/pasting, then click the "Update citation" button at the bottom of the page. The new citation edits will be reflected after it has been updated.
NOTE: Any manually edited text must be properly formatted to conform to bibliographic standards by the user; for example, a title manually edited this way will have to be italicized by the user directly, if appropriate.
Congratulations! You've manually updated a citation and can continue to enjoy your new found, direct control over your citations.